Neighborhood Revitalization Plan
Goals of the Thomas County Neighborhood Revitalization Plan (NRP):
- Stimulate economic growth
- Does not interfere with current property tax revenue
- Encourages reinvestment in the community
- Will offer incentives for development where development might not otherwise occur
- Creates long term tax revenue, without creating a fiscal burden on the cities and county
- Provides incentives for existing businesses to expand, renovate, and often times increase in size/scope of the original construction or expansion plans
Criteria for Eligibility:
- Must have a minimum increase of $25,000 in County Appraised Value.
- Any parcel that is delinquent in the payment of any ad valorem property tax assessment or special assessment shall not be eligible for any rebate.
- All applications must be approved before construction begins.
- All tax benefits under this program will transfer with a change of ownership of qualifying property.
- Non–refundable application fee of $50 made out to the Thomas County Appraiser.
- This is a five (5) year open application period ending December 31, 2017.
Requests must be RECEIVED and APPROVED before commencement of construction. There will be NO exceptions.
- Meet with and obtain an application from the County Appraiser’s Office.
- Prior to the commencement of construction for which a tax rebate will be requested, the applicant-owner will complete Part 1 of the application.
- Parts 1 and 2 of the application must be filed with the County Appraiser’s office with a non-refundable $50 application fee prior to the commencement of construction.
- The County Appraiser’s office will return a copy of Parts 1 & 2 to the applicant within fifteen (15) working days, indicating approval or denial of the project.
The Thomas County Neighborhood Revitalization Plan brochure, in PDF format, is available to print here.